Friday, April 28, 2006

Wherever I lay my phone, that's my home


I'm not sure if this really counts as a passion, but it seems to be a bit of a fixation and I'm sure it's not entirely normal behaviour.

In the past year I've bought seven mobile phones. Seven.

I never used to be like this. I used to have the same phone for at least a year if not longer. Now, I'll spend ages looking for the "right" phone, buy it, have it for a couple of months (if that), decide that I don't like the keypad, the predictive text is annoying to use, the camera is poor, or that I don't actually need a camera, as I just take lots of pictures of my cats on it like the sad woman I am, then start looking for a new phone all over again.

It's not because I have to have the latest model either. After my super lovely and rather swish Motorola L6 proved to have a somewhat poor battery life (Unfortunately it proved this on Mother's Day, when I was away from home and couldn't get to a payphone - not good),I have now got the most basic Nokia ever, the 1110. Although I had to get another Nokia first before buying that one, of course.



I wish I could have a normal shopping fetish, like buying shoes or something.

4 Comments:

Blogger Safiya Outlines said...

I've worked out that since January 2005 I have bought eight phones. So that works out as a new phone every two months on average.

In case anyone's interested the phones were:
Nokia 7600 - odd leaf-shaped thing, a pain to SMS on.
Nokia 3220 Nice but the keys weren't very responsive and I wanted a flip phone.
LG C3300 Predictive texting a pain (impossible to get a capital letter at the start of a sentence.)
LG F2400 Cute little phone until I saw...
Motorola L6 Lovely classy phone but very poor battery
Siemens SL55 Got sold a barred phone from Ebay. Paypal were duly informed.

As I'd sold my Motorola (I sell all my phones once I've bought a new one), I borrowed a Nokia 1100 from a friend, totally basic phone but I really liked it, but it was just a lend so I had to buy another phone.

Nokia 3120 Didn't like the feel of the keypad
Nokia 1100 Very basic with unusual inverted screen. I like this phone so far, but I've only had it for four days so far.

1:12 PM

 
Blogger Safiya Outlines said...

I did say it was sad, strange behaviour. Still happy with this phone though, six days and counting....

7:42 PM

 
Blogger SiNai sPiRiT said...

i use mobile phones as "Phones" only...no more ... no less...thats why i had 2 since 2000 ...first was ericson T something and then my current Nokia 3330 ...which i lost twice and came back to me ..and have done all kind of bounces on many surfaces including Marble and lately went under a car runung fast on the street...i just wanna say something about fones with cameras....It's a Phone if you take decent pictures BUY A CAMERA.

1:03 PM

 
Blogger Safiya Outlines said...

Sinai Spirit - I have to agree with you, all I do is call and text. Camera phones are a waste of time, that's why I don't have one anymore. I had a Nokia 3300 a few years ago and I loved it, it's a very good reliable phone and I had it for a whole two years (my personal record).

11:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home